High street Saffron Walden pub listed in the CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide 2014
- Credit: Archant
A SAFFRON Walden pub has been acclaimed for the quality of its real ale by members of the town’s Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) branch.
The Temeraire, in High Street, is listed in CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide 2014 published earlier this month.
Branch members chose the Wetherspoon pub following regular visits to check on the quality of the real ales on offer. They also took into account customer service, décor and overall atmosphere.
A CAMRA spokesman said The Temeraire “deserves its place” in the guide, adding: “It is our belief that if a licensee serves an excellent pint of real ale, then everything else in the pub, including customer service, quality of food and atmosphere, are likely to be of an equally high standard.”
The pub’s manager, Ryan Moore, said: “I am delighted The Temeraire has been recognised for the quality of its real ales by CAMRA members.
You may also want to watch:
“We offer our customers an excellent range of real ales at all times, including those from regional brewers and microbrewers, as well as hosting our own beer festivals.
“Staff at the pub work hard to ensure that the real ales on offer are kept in first-class condition at all times and the pub’s inclusion in the guide highlights this.”
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays