High street Saffron Walden pub listed in the CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide 2014
- Credit: Archant
A SAFFRON Walden pub has been acclaimed for the quality of its real ale by members of the town’s Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) branch.
The Temeraire, in High Street, is listed in CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide 2014 published earlier this month.
Branch members chose the Wetherspoon pub following regular visits to check on the quality of the real ales on offer. They also took into account customer service, décor and overall atmosphere.
A CAMRA spokesman said The Temeraire “deserves its place” in the guide, adding: “It is our belief that if a licensee serves an excellent pint of real ale, then everything else in the pub, including customer service, quality of food and atmosphere, are likely to be of an equally high standard.”
The pub’s manager, Ryan Moore, said: “I am delighted The Temeraire has been recognised for the quality of its real ales by CAMRA members.
You may also want to watch:
“We offer our customers an excellent range of real ales at all times, including those from regional brewers and microbrewers, as well as hosting our own beer festivals.
“Staff at the pub work hard to ensure that the real ales on offer are kept in first-class condition at all times and the pub’s inclusion in the guide highlights this.”
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich