Highly Strung gig to bring swinging sixties back to Clavering, Uttlesford
THE swinging sixties will return next month when rock n roll revival band Highly Strung takes to the stage in Clavering on Saturday September 26. The five-piece returns to the village by popular demand having played fund-raising gigs there on no less th
THE swinging sixties will return next month when rock 'n' roll revival band Highly Strung takes to the stage in Clavering on Saturday September 26.
The five-piece returns to the village by popular demand having played fund-raising gigs there on no less than 12 previous occasions.
Revellers can twist the night away to more than three hours of 50s and 60s dance favourites including chart hits from the Searchers, Buddy Holly & the Crickets, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Elvis, Chuck Berry, Everly Brothers, The Pirates, Righteous Brothers, Manfred Mann, Cliff Richard and Bill Haley & the Comets.
There will also be plus a showcase of 70s and 80s pop classics from Status Quo, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Chris Izaak and many more.
You may also want to watch:
A highlight of the evening promises to be the authentic 60s guitar sounds of The Shadows, for which the band is famed.
Highly Strung, which was formed more than 15 years ago by Buntingford-based guitarists Geoff Strachan and Jim Oliver, also features Matt Long on lead vocals, Adrian Foster on bass guitar and Danny Bacon on drums.
- 1 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 2 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 3 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 4 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 5 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 6 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 7 Q&A: Elsenham WI President Moyra Jackson
- 8 There With You This Winter: Walden Mayor backs our campaign
- 9 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 10 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
Tickets, which include a meal, are �8 in advance and available by calling 01763 271921.
All proceeds from the gig will be donated to the Addenbrookes Kidney Patients Association.