Highly Strung gig to bring swinging sixties back to Clavering, Uttlesford
THE swinging sixties will return next month when rock n roll revival band Highly Strung takes to the stage in Clavering on Saturday September 26. The five-piece returns to the village by popular demand having played fund-raising gigs there on no less th
THE swinging sixties will return next month when rock 'n' roll revival band Highly Strung takes to the stage in Clavering on Saturday September 26.
The five-piece returns to the village by popular demand having played fund-raising gigs there on no less than 12 previous occasions.
Revellers can twist the night away to more than three hours of 50s and 60s dance favourites including chart hits from the Searchers, Buddy Holly & the Crickets, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Elvis, Chuck Berry, Everly Brothers, The Pirates, Righteous Brothers, Manfred Mann, Cliff Richard and Bill Haley & the Comets.
There will also be plus a showcase of 70s and 80s pop classics from Status Quo, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Chris Izaak and many more.
You may also want to watch:
A highlight of the evening promises to be the authentic 60s guitar sounds of The Shadows, for which the band is famed.
Highly Strung, which was formed more than 15 years ago by Buntingford-based guitarists Geoff Strachan and Jim Oliver, also features Matt Long on lead vocals, Adrian Foster on bass guitar and Danny Bacon on drums.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
Tickets, which include a meal, are �8 in advance and available by calling 01763 271921.
All proceeds from the gig will be donated to the Addenbrookes Kidney Patients Association.