Highly Strung gig to bring swinging sixties back to Clavering, Uttlesford
THE swinging sixties will return next month when rock n roll revival band Highly Strung takes to the stage in Clavering on Saturday September 26. The five-piece returns to the village by popular demand having played fund-raising gigs there on no less th
THE swinging sixties will return next month when rock 'n' roll revival band Highly Strung takes to the stage in Clavering on Saturday September 26.
The five-piece returns to the village by popular demand having played fund-raising gigs there on no less than 12 previous occasions.
Revellers can twist the night away to more than three hours of 50s and 60s dance favourites including chart hits from the Searchers, Buddy Holly & the Crickets, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Elvis, Chuck Berry, Everly Brothers, The Pirates, Righteous Brothers, Manfred Mann, Cliff Richard and Bill Haley & the Comets.
There will also be plus a showcase of 70s and 80s pop classics from Status Quo, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Chris Izaak and many more.
You may also want to watch:
A highlight of the evening promises to be the authentic 60s guitar sounds of The Shadows, for which the band is famed.
Highly Strung, which was formed more than 15 years ago by Buntingford-based guitarists Geoff Strachan and Jim Oliver, also features Matt Long on lead vocals, Adrian Foster on bass guitar and Danny Bacon on drums.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 7 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
Tickets, which include a meal, are �8 in advance and available by calling 01763 271921.
All proceeds from the gig will be donated to the Addenbrookes Kidney Patients Association.