Hilton London Stansted Hotel guests to raise ��s for children
GUESTS at the Hilton London Stansted will be making a big difference this winter to children with disabilities as Hilton in the Community Foundation launches a Europe-wide fund-raising campaign. Small Change Big Difference will be running in Stansted th
GUESTS at the Hilton London Stansted will be making a big difference this winter to children with disabilities as Hilton in the Community Foundation launches a Europe-wide fund-raising campaign.
'Small Change Big Difference' will be running in Stansted throughout October, November and December. The campaign invites Hilton guests to add an optional �1 onto their room bill during their stay.
All net proceeds raised from the campaign will be used to support children with disabilities. Money raised in the UK and Ireland will then be ring fenced for charities working in this area and every net penny raised will be distributed in grants providing, amongst other things, care facilities, training, activity based learning and specialist educational and sporting equipment.
President of Hilton Europe, Simon Vincent, said: "This is a very exciting campaign and one that I hope our generous guests in Stansted will support once again.
"By choosing to add an optional �1 we can help the Hilton Foundation to make a huge difference to children in need. Working together your small change really can add up to make a huge difference."
This year the foundation is also running the fundraiser for the first time in Continental Europe - 37 hotels in 11 European countries will be joining the UK and Ireland to help to increase the money raised.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 6 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 7 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
Last year's campaign was a huge success raising over �120,000 for Save the Children and Irish charity Barretstown. Small Change Big Difference has now raised over �825,000 for charities since its inception in 2004.