Hinxton pub celebrates its new guest rooms with a garden party
A VILLAGE pub has celebrated the opening of its new guest rooms by throwing a garden party to raise money for charity. The Red Lion Inn, Hinxton, has built eight environmentally friendly guest rooms in the pub s large garden. Opening the new facility regu
A VILLAGE pub has celebrated the opening of its new guest rooms by throwing a garden party to raise money for charity.
The Red Lion Inn, Hinxton, has built eight environmentally friendly guest rooms in the pub's large garden.
Opening the new facility regular customer, Paul Breen, said the development would "help to secure the future of The Red Lion so that it could remain an integral part of village life".
To mark the launch of the new facilities, a garden party was held. A raffle and auction raised more than �700 for Friends of Hinxton (the church fund) and the Hinxton Village Hall fund.
You may also want to watch:
About 100 people attended the event which included music from band, 78 RPM Duo, and plenty of food.
The guest rooms, which were designed and built by local people, have solar panels that cover all hot water requirements throughout the summer as well as making significant contributions during the winter.
- 1 Further registrars speak out in wedding consultation row
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 8 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 9 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 10 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
Landlord Alex Clarke said: "The launch of the guest rooms has been a great success and we have received fantastic feedback. These are exciting times for us."
The garden party was also held to officially welcome head chef Peter Friskey and restaurant manager Mike Champion to the Red Lion team.
For more information about The Red Lion Inn visit www.redlionhinxton.co.uk or call 01799 530601.