Hinxton pub celebrates its new guest rooms with a garden party
A VILLAGE pub has celebrated the opening of its new guest rooms by throwing a garden party to raise money for charity. The Red Lion Inn, Hinxton, has built eight environmentally friendly guest rooms in the pub s large garden. Opening the new facility regu
A VILLAGE pub has celebrated the opening of its new guest rooms by throwing a garden party to raise money for charity.
The Red Lion Inn, Hinxton, has built eight environmentally friendly guest rooms in the pub's large garden.
Opening the new facility regular customer, Paul Breen, said the development would "help to secure the future of The Red Lion so that it could remain an integral part of village life".
To mark the launch of the new facilities, a garden party was held. A raffle and auction raised more than �700 for Friends of Hinxton (the church fund) and the Hinxton Village Hall fund.
You may also want to watch:
About 100 people attended the event which included music from band, 78 RPM Duo, and plenty of food.
The guest rooms, which were designed and built by local people, have solar panels that cover all hot water requirements throughout the summer as well as making significant contributions during the winter.
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
Landlord Alex Clarke said: "The launch of the guest rooms has been a great success and we have received fantastic feedback. These are exciting times for us."
The garden party was also held to officially welcome head chef Peter Friskey and restaurant manager Mike Champion to the Red Lion team.
For more information about The Red Lion Inn visit www.redlionhinxton.co.uk or call 01799 530601.