Hit Broadway musical Follies comes to Saffron Walden
HIT Broadway musical Follies comes to town next month when Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company (SWMTC) present the cult show from March 9-13. Follies – by legendary US composer Stephen Sondheim – combines the glamour and glitz of a Busby Berkley
HIT Broadway musical Follies comes to town next month when Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company (SWMTC) present the cult show from March 9-13.
Follies - by legendary US composer Stephen Sondheim - combines the glamour and glitz of a Busby Berkley spectacular with sophistication, wit and intelligence.
It is the first time SWMTC has presented a show by Sondheim, whose other work includes Sweeney Todd, Into the Woods and A Little Night Music. He also wrote the lyrics for both West Side Story and Gypsy.
The show follows the company's recent successes Hello Dolly, Godspell and 42nd Street. The original New York production was nominated for 10 Tony awards; its 2001 revival earned a further five Tony nominations.
You may also want to watch:
The music evokes the work of the greatest 20th century song writers. Its brilliant score includes the standards Broadway Baby, Losing my Mind and I'm Still Here.
Tickets, which start from �6, can be bought from the Tourist Information Centre, or by contacting the box office on 01799 526623, or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Saffron Hall this Christmas for magical The Wizard of Oz pantomime