Holiday villa fraud: Seven arrested
ESSEX Police have arrested seven people in relation to a holiday villa fraud.
Two 29-year-old men, a 37-year-old man, a 34-year-old woman, and a 46-year-old man, all from Saffron Walden, and two men from Hove and London have all been arrested and bailed until November 2.
The arrests relate to the advertising of villas for rent on legitimate websites.
Victims have entered into a contract, believing it to be genuine.
After booking flights to France, Spain or Portugal, they arrive at their holiday destination only to find the villa doesn’t exist.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call Pc Lisa Cox at Braintree CID on 0300 333 4444 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 6 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 7 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 8 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision