Holiday villa fraud: Seven arrested
ESSEX Police have arrested seven people in relation to a holiday villa fraud.
Two 29-year-old men, a 37-year-old man, a 34-year-old woman, and a 46-year-old man, all from Saffron Walden, and two men from Hove and London have all been arrested and bailed until November 2.
The arrests relate to the advertising of villas for rent on legitimate websites.
Victims have entered into a contract, believing it to be genuine.
After booking flights to France, Spain or Portugal, they arrive at their holiday destination only to find the villa doesn’t exist.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call Pc Lisa Cox at Braintree CID on 0300 333 4444 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 8 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 9 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex