Holiday villa fraud: Seven arrested
ESSEX Police have arrested seven people in relation to a holiday villa fraud.
Two 29-year-old men, a 37-year-old man, a 34-year-old woman, and a 46-year-old man, all from Saffron Walden, and two men from Hove and London have all been arrested and bailed until November 2.
The arrests relate to the advertising of villas for rent on legitimate websites.
Victims have entered into a contract, believing it to be genuine.
After booking flights to France, Spain or Portugal, they arrive at their holiday destination only to find the villa doesn’t exist.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call Pc Lisa Cox at Braintree CID on 0300 333 4444 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 8 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing