Holiday villa fraud: Seven arrested
ESSEX Police have arrested seven people in relation to a holiday villa fraud.
Two 29-year-old men, a 37-year-old man, a 34-year-old woman, and a 46-year-old man, all from Saffron Walden, and two men from Hove and London have all been arrested and bailed until November 2.
The arrests relate to the advertising of villas for rent on legitimate websites.
Victims have entered into a contract, believing it to be genuine.
After booking flights to France, Spain or Portugal, they arrive at their holiday destination only to find the villa doesn’t exist.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call Pc Lisa Cox at Braintree CID on 0300 333 4444 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire