Holistic healing comes to Saffron Walden
OUR hectic lifestyles combined with a constant battle with the stresses and strains of everyday life can leave us run down and worn out. But spending as little as one hour a month having a holistic treatment can transform our lives, says award-winning the
OUR hectic lifestyles combined with a constant battle with the stresses and strains of everyday life can leave us run down and worn out.
But spending as little as one hour a month having a holistic treatment can transform our lives, says award-winning therapist Christine Charters-Young.
"I treat people who have very stressful jobs and who have been transformed by regular sessions of reflexology and acupressure massage," she said.
"The treatments I am offering in Saffron Walden can help people to maintain their general wellbeing so they feel healthy for more of the time and can recover quicker when they feel ill.
"For someone in general good health then just one session a month can be enough to make a significant difference."
Christine has been practising in the Cambridgeshire area since 2006 and runs a successful clinic in Newmarket called The Healing House. She has now expanded her service to Saffron Walden where she will hold a regular Monday morning clinic at The Osteopathy Centre on Debden Road.
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 3 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 5 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 6 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 7 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 8 Saffron Walden Community Shed saves the day for charities in need
- 9 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
- 10 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
Specialising in reflexology, reiki, acupressure massage and relaxation techniques, Christine works with both children and adults as well as babies from two weeks old using special gentle touch therapies.
"Acupressure massage is done lying down and works on the areas around the head, neck and shoulders," she said. "It is a very relaxing treatment which is great for getting rid of anxiety and stress. The massage itself is very light and gentle, unlike a deep muscle or sports massage.
"Reflexology is performed on the feet and can bring about balance to the whole body. It is a non-evasive massage which can help ease headaches, back pain, fatigue and many other problems."
Children of all ages, from babies upwards, are very receptive to the benefits of reflexology, said Christine. Treatments can work to relax a child, strengthen their immune system and ease symptoms of anything from teething through to sleep disturbances.
To maximise the effectiveness of treatments Christine also supplies a range of Aloe Vera products which are chemical free and suitable for children.
Prices range from �40 for an initial consultation and treatment lasting 1hour 30minutes to �30 for a 1hour follow-up treatment.
To book an appointment at the Saffron Walden clinic on a Monday between 10am and 1pm call 01799 524628. For more information visit Christine website at www.thehealing-house.com.