Hollywood film star and FHM’s sexiest woman in the world for 2013 makes visit to Hatfield Heath
- Credit: Archant
HOLLYWOOD movie star Mila Kunis swapped the California high-life for the humble surroundings of Hatfield Heath when she made a fleeting visit to an intimate recording studio.
The 29-year-old actress, who has been in the UK filming scenes for her new movie Jupiter Ascending, stopped off at Woodbury Studios in the Uttlesford village to record voiceovers for the latest series of hit comedy TV show Family Guy.
She has voiced the character of Peter Griffin’s teenage daughter Meg since the age of 16.
Woodbury Studios was opened two years ago by Ross Simpson, a former singer and dancer who has toured the world with Kylie Minogue, Cliff Richard and former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell.
He told the Reporter the approach for Kunis to use the studio had come out of the blue following an unexpected phone call from California-based casting director Linda Lamontagne.
“I’m not really the sort to get starstruck but it was great for the studio and the village to have a Hollywood A-lister put this area on the map,” said Mr Simpson, whose professional studio caters for recording, editing, mixing, mastering and producing original music.
“Mila was very professional. I think she was tired when she arrived because she’d been filming her new movie all day, so there wasn’t much chit-chat.
- 1 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 2 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 3 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Saffron Walden seal first win of EAPL season at Frinton
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 8 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 9 SWCC girls U13 come close to victory
- 10 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
“We’d prepared the scripts for her and circled the lines she had to read to make it easier. Then she got straight on with it and in just over an hour had recorded six episodes.”
A Golden Globe nominee, Kunis has appeared in Hollywood blockbusters Black Swan, Friends With Benefits, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Ted.
She has been filming some of the scenes for her new sci-fi flick in Ely Cathedral – alongside co-star Channing Tatum – before managing to squeeze in an evening visit to Hatfield Heath at the end of last month.
Mr Simpson, 32, who lives just outside Hatfield Broad Oak, added: “I thought it was a hoax when Linda phoned me to enquire about the facilities here, but it seemed legit and obviously it worked out in the end.
“She seemed happy with how everything went and said she would recommend the studio to other people in Hollywood, so fingers crossed we might have a few more famous people down here in the future.”