Hollywood screenwriter attends Q&A session at special screening at Saffron Walden cinema
- Credit: Archant
Ol Parker, who wrote The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, travelled from Los Angeles to take part in a question and answer session at Saffron Screen on Friday night. He was joined by author Jojo Moyes.
Mr Parker, whose parents still live near by, has returned to the town venue to introduce his films on a number of times, including the first hit film in 2012.
He said the sequel was a great challenge to embark upon and it was particularly daunting, and a great privilege, to write for the two dames who star in the film – Judi Dench and Maggie Smith.
The films have grown so popular that there are Marigold Tours which visit the hotel at the centre of the films and the surrounding area.
Mr Parker added that during the 45-day filming, the crew and cast had to move out of the hotel, for a tour to visit.
Ms Moyes was asked about her latest project – the screenplay for her best-selling novel Me Before You – and with help from Mr Parker, she has written a screenplay for another of her novels One Plus One.
Rebecca del Tufo, Saffron Screen programming manager, said: “Ol is such an entertaining speaker and we always enjoy hearing his anecdotes from the making of his films. We are so grateful to him and Jojo for taking the time to come to the cinema.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 3 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 6 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 7 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
- 10 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
“He has promised to come back to Saffron Screen with his next film – we can’t wait.”
INFORMATION: The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel shows again on April 18, May 4, 24 and 28.