Hollywood screenwriter attends Q&A session at special screening at Saffron Walden cinema
- Credit: Archant
Ol Parker, who wrote The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, travelled from Los Angeles to take part in a question and answer session at Saffron Screen on Friday night. He was joined by author Jojo Moyes.
Mr Parker, whose parents still live near by, has returned to the town venue to introduce his films on a number of times, including the first hit film in 2012.
He said the sequel was a great challenge to embark upon and it was particularly daunting, and a great privilege, to write for the two dames who star in the film – Judi Dench and Maggie Smith.
The films have grown so popular that there are Marigold Tours which visit the hotel at the centre of the films and the surrounding area.
Mr Parker added that during the 45-day filming, the crew and cast had to move out of the hotel, for a tour to visit.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Moyes was asked about her latest project – the screenplay for her best-selling novel Me Before You – and with help from Mr Parker, she has written a screenplay for another of her novels One Plus One.
Rebecca del Tufo, Saffron Screen programming manager, said: “Ol is such an entertaining speaker and we always enjoy hearing his anecdotes from the making of his films. We are so grateful to him and Jojo for taking the time to come to the cinema.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 4 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
“He has promised to come back to Saffron Screen with his next film – we can’t wait.”
INFORMATION: The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel shows again on April 18, May 4, 24 and 28.