Home-Start quilt goes to a good home
A LOCAL mum and her family were the fortunate winners of a charity s 25th anniversary celebratory fundraiser. Home-Start Uttlesford made and raffled off a special Jubilee Quilt towards the end of last year.
A LOCAL mum and her family were the fortunate winners of a charity's 25th anniversary celebratory fundraiser.
Home-Start Uttlesford made and raffled off a special Jubilee Quilt - complete with a Home-Start 'H' - towards the end of last year to raise some cash for the charity.
And the lucky recipient was Hilary Russell.
"It is a beautiful quilt - a labour of love - and I feel very fortunate to own it," said Mrs Russell.
You may also want to watch:
"My young daughter thinks it will look perfect on her bed and since her name begins with an H and there is the Home-Start 'H' featured on the quilt I think I will let her have it for the time being."
Home-Start Uttlesford supports young families with children under the age of five in the district. To find out more about the charity, call 01799 520728 or visit the website at homestartuttlesford.co.uk
- 1 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 2 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 3 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 4 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 5 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 6 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 7 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 8 Saffron Striders celebrate achievements in challenging season
- 9 Stroke at 27 - now teacher is giving something back
- 10 Council responds to unflattering comments
Meanwhile, Home-Start Uttlesford is holding a 'Go Green' charity sale this weekend.
Back by popular demand, the second hand quality and designer clothing and accessories for men, women and older children, takes place at Anser Gallows Farm in Hempstead.
Admission to a preview tomorrow (Friday), from 6pm-8pm, is �5 and includes a glass of wine. The sale continues on Saturday, running from 9am-1pm. Admission is �2. Both days are open to all.
All proceeds will be donated to Home-Start Uttlesford.