Home-start Uttlesford's charity raffle prize is all sewn-up
SOME 144 friends and supporters of an Uttlesford charity helped create a stunning quilt which is to be raffled off. They each made a block for the Home-start Uttlesford Silver Jubilee Quilt, which was then put together by an enthusiastic group of quilters
SOME 144 friends and supporters of an Uttlesford charity helped create a stunning quilt which is to be raffled off.
They each made a block for the Home-start Uttlesford Silver Jubilee Quilt, which was then put together by an enthusiastic group of quilters and stitchers.
It is now hanging in the window of Janet Riley Fabrics, at 5 Market Walk, Saffron Walden and raffle tickets are selling well. Tickets are available from the shop and a draw will take place on Thursday November 26 at the Friends Christmas Lunch.
Measuring 6ft x 6ft, it is washable and would suit either a double or single bed.
Home-start Uttlesford chairman of trustees, Helen Wood, said: "Please help us to raise �1000 in the charities silver jubilee year so that we can continue to support families and young children in Uttlesford who are isolated or lone parents who may be finding everyday life a challenge during this time of recession.
"We would like to thank Janet Riley's for promoting the event."
- 1 Essex A-level results 2022: Students celebrate grades
- 2 Essex fire crews tackle around 70 incidents in three-hour window after rain
- 3 Celebrity MasterChef 2022: Saffron Walden's Cliff Parisi battles Chris Eubank in kitchen contest
- 4 Newport man vows to protect river after round the world sailing trip
- 5 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 6 IN PICTURES: Sir Tom Jones' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 7 MP welcomes increase in police officers across Essex
- 8 Mischief Theatre's The Play That Goes Wrong will have you crying with laughter
- 9 Dance in the Square heading to Saffron Walden
- 10 Sully, 12, cuts hair for charity after Greggs-inspired outfit goes viral
Home-Start offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community. Visit www.homestartuttlesford.org.uk to find out more about the charity and how you could become involved, or call 01799 520728 to speak to a member of staff.