Home-start Uttlesford's charity raffle prize is all sewn-up
SOME 144 friends and supporters of an Uttlesford charity helped create a stunning quilt which is to be raffled off. They each made a block for the Home-start Uttlesford Silver Jubilee Quilt, which was then put together by an enthusiastic group of quilters
SOME 144 friends and supporters of an Uttlesford charity helped create a stunning quilt which is to be raffled off.
They each made a block for the Home-start Uttlesford Silver Jubilee Quilt, which was then put together by an enthusiastic group of quilters and stitchers.
It is now hanging in the window of Janet Riley Fabrics, at 5 Market Walk, Saffron Walden and raffle tickets are selling well. Tickets are available from the shop and a draw will take place on Thursday November 26 at the Friends Christmas Lunch.
Measuring 6ft x 6ft, it is washable and would suit either a double or single bed.
You may also want to watch:
Home-start Uttlesford chairman of trustees, Helen Wood, said: "Please help us to raise �1000 in the charities silver jubilee year so that we can continue to support families and young children in Uttlesford who are isolated or lone parents who may be finding everyday life a challenge during this time of recession.
"We would like to thank Janet Riley's for promoting the event."
- 1 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 2 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 3 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 4 Boy, five, who could wave cancer goodbye this year dances with twin brother
- 5 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 6 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 7 Airport group's CEO reacts to Covid roadmap and says Budget offers hope
- 8 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
- 9 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 10 Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors
Home-Start offers support to families with young children under the age of five in the community. Visit www.homestartuttlesford.org.uk to find out more about the charity and how you could become involved, or call 01799 520728 to speak to a member of staff.