Home-Start Uttlesford volunteers given a ‘thank you’ Zumba fitness lesson
VOLUNTEERS of an Uttlesford family charity were given a special ‘thank you’ day in recognition of their efforts.
Home-Start Uttlesford held the event as an opportunity for the staff to thank each and every one of the volunteers who give so much time to supporting families in the area.
The day - which was attended by 23 of the charity’s volunteers – started with some training and was followed by a fun hour’s Zumba lesson, led by teacher Luisa Curbelo.
Senior co-ordinator Linda Robinson said: “Everyone who took part really enjoyed the Zumba, and certainly many calories were burnt off whilst exercising to Latin American fitness music.
“Afterwards everyone enjoyed a well deserved lunch and another vote of thanks to our wonderful volunteers.”
You may also want to watch:
The Homestart Uttlesford scheme, now in its 27th year, sees families supported by trained volunteers who visit regularly to offer emotional support and practical help.
It also runs two family groups, in Saffron Walden and Dunmow, where parents and children can meet for friendship, play and mutual support. The service is free and confidential.
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 9 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
- 10 Stansted author to release second novel
To find out more about the charity, call 01799 520728 or visit the website at homestartuttlesford.co.uk