Home-Start Uttlesford volunteers given a ‘thank you’ Zumba fitness lesson
VOLUNTEERS of an Uttlesford family charity were given a special ‘thank you’ day in recognition of their efforts.
Home-Start Uttlesford held the event as an opportunity for the staff to thank each and every one of the volunteers who give so much time to supporting families in the area.
The day - which was attended by 23 of the charity’s volunteers – started with some training and was followed by a fun hour’s Zumba lesson, led by teacher Luisa Curbelo.
Senior co-ordinator Linda Robinson said: “Everyone who took part really enjoyed the Zumba, and certainly many calories were burnt off whilst exercising to Latin American fitness music.
“Afterwards everyone enjoyed a well deserved lunch and another vote of thanks to our wonderful volunteers.”
The Homestart Uttlesford scheme, now in its 27th year, sees families supported by trained volunteers who visit regularly to offer emotional support and practical help.
It also runs two family groups, in Saffron Walden and Dunmow, where parents and children can meet for friendship, play and mutual support. The service is free and confidential.
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 3 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 4 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 8 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 9 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
- 10 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
To find out more about the charity, call 01799 520728 or visit the website at homestartuttlesford.co.uk