Home-Start Uttlesford volunteers given a ‘thank you’ Zumba fitness lesson
VOLUNTEERS of an Uttlesford family charity were given a special ‘thank you’ day in recognition of their efforts.
Home-Start Uttlesford held the event as an opportunity for the staff to thank each and every one of the volunteers who give so much time to supporting families in the area.
The day - which was attended by 23 of the charity’s volunteers – started with some training and was followed by a fun hour’s Zumba lesson, led by teacher Luisa Curbelo.
Senior co-ordinator Linda Robinson said: “Everyone who took part really enjoyed the Zumba, and certainly many calories were burnt off whilst exercising to Latin American fitness music.
“Afterwards everyone enjoyed a well deserved lunch and another vote of thanks to our wonderful volunteers.”
You may also want to watch:
The Homestart Uttlesford scheme, now in its 27th year, sees families supported by trained volunteers who visit regularly to offer emotional support and practical help.
It also runs two family groups, in Saffron Walden and Dunmow, where parents and children can meet for friendship, play and mutual support. The service is free and confidential.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 7 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 8 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 9 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
To find out more about the charity, call 01799 520728 or visit the website at homestartuttlesford.co.uk