St Clare Hospice 10k run set to take place this April
- Credit: St Clare Hospice
St Clare Hospice will hold its annual 10 kilometre race this year, with extra safety measures in place due to coronavirus.
The event, which is in its 27th year, will go ahead on April 11 at 10.30am, starting and finishing at its site in Hastingwood, with social distancing measures in the registration area, a rolling start, and disposable chip timers.
It is open to people aged 15 and above and suitable for all abilities including wheelchair athletes.
Trophies are available for male, female, senior, junior and wheelchair athlete categories, and medals will be awarded to all runners.
Last year the race had around 200 participants and raised more than £8,000.
You may also want to watch:
Advanced registration costs £14 - affiliated runners £12 - but due to coronavirus restrictions there will be no on the day sign-ups.
Register via stclarehospice.org.uk/stclare10k2021 by 12noon on April 8, call Emma Broadbent on 01279 773754 or email email@example.com
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Saffron Striders doing their bit for charity as racing returns
- 10 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site