Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- Credit: Supplied by The House Group
An Uttlesford bar chain has broken its £1,000 target in a lockdown charity challenge.
Staff at The House Group - which runs The Market House in Saffron Walden, The Flitch House in Great Dunmow, and The Cork House in Stansted - are running the length of Great Britain's coastline 'from home' to raise money for mental health charity Mind.
Participants aim to hit 7,723 miles in 100 days, ending on April 28.
House Group founder Andy Coleman said: "In lockdown, we found that mental health was a big concern.
"We were feeling battered and the staff were sitting at home without much to do."
You may also want to watch:
Instead, Andy said staff set themselves the challenge to raise £1,000 for a charity "close to their hearts".
The charity, Mind, gives advice to those facing mental health crises and lobbies the government and local authorities on their behalf.
They are raising money through JustGiving online: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/the-house-group
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event