Housing stock set to quadruple’ in Uttlesford
THE number of homes available for sale in the area is set to increase four-fold during the early part of 2010 according to an Uttlesford estate agent. Due to an increase in the construction of brand new properties and also conversions the housing market w
THE number of homes available for sale in the area is set to increase four-fold during the early part of 2010 according to an Uttlesford estate agent.
Due to an increase in the construction of brand new properties and also conversions the housing market will look far better than 12 months ago, say employees of Mullucks Wells.
Homes listed by the estate agent have quadrupled compared to this time last year, with the launches of five sites in Great Dunmow, Takeley, Saffron Walden, Wendens Ambo, and Bishop's Stortford all just a matter of weeks away.
And prices are set to range across the board - from �175,000 to �1.5m.
Director of the company's Land and New Homes Division, Daniel Galati, said: "This is a sea change from the situation just 12 months ago. To have four times as much stock on our books is a sign that at long last builders are building again. I believe new homes will not only be the barometer to judge how this part of the country is coming out of recession but they could be the engine driving the recovery too."
By the summer, the estate agent expects to have well over 70 properties available at any one time - which Mr Galati said should satisfy demand.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 6 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 7 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 8 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 10 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
He added: "The level of second hand stock is dependent on the number of people that choose to sell at any one time.
"But these new homes are guaranteed opportunities for people to find somewhere new to live. What's more, they've been built by the quality builders that survived the recession by managing their business and finances properly."
WHAT do you think? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.