Housing stock set to quadruple’ in Uttlesford
THE number of homes available for sale in the area is set to increase four-fold during the early part of 2010 according to an Uttlesford estate agent. Due to an increase in the construction of brand new properties and also conversions the housing market w
THE number of homes available for sale in the area is set to increase four-fold during the early part of 2010 according to an Uttlesford estate agent.
Due to an increase in the construction of brand new properties and also conversions the housing market will look far better than 12 months ago, say employees of Mullucks Wells.
Homes listed by the estate agent have quadrupled compared to this time last year, with the launches of five sites in Great Dunmow, Takeley, Saffron Walden, Wendens Ambo, and Bishop's Stortford all just a matter of weeks away.
And prices are set to range across the board - from �175,000 to �1.5m.
You may also want to watch:
Director of the company's Land and New Homes Division, Daniel Galati, said: "This is a sea change from the situation just 12 months ago. To have four times as much stock on our books is a sign that at long last builders are building again. I believe new homes will not only be the barometer to judge how this part of the country is coming out of recession but they could be the engine driving the recovery too."
By the summer, the estate agent expects to have well over 70 properties available at any one time - which Mr Galati said should satisfy demand.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
He added: "The level of second hand stock is dependent on the number of people that choose to sell at any one time.
"But these new homes are guaranteed opportunities for people to find somewhere new to live. What's more, they've been built by the quality builders that survived the recession by managing their business and finances properly."
WHAT do you think? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.