Two special visitors for care home residents
- Credit: Care UK
Residents of a Stansted care home were thrilled when Annie and Miller came to visit.
No ordinary 'neigh-bours', the two horses trotted into the garden of Care UK's Mountfitchet House on Coltsfield, and spent time with residents.
The visit was organised by Home Manager Jane Maxwell.
Jane said: "We have so many animal lovers here at Mountfitchet House, and several residents who used to ride horses themselves, which is why we knew the visit would put a smile on everyone’s faces.
“Animal therapy can be incredibly beneficial for older people, especially those living with dementia, as it can reduce stress, encourage social interaction, and provide an opportunity to relive happy memories and the associated emotions.
You may also want to watch:
"I’d like to say a huge thank you to Sharon for bringing Annie and Miller, Essex Horse Transport and The Tackroom for helping to make such a wonderful day happen.”
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 7 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 8 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 9 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley