Care home chef Ben Morris shortlisted for award
- Credit: Country Court Care
A Newport chef has been selected as a finalist in the regional 2020 Great British Care Awards.
Ben Morris has been the Chef Manager at The Grange Care Home in Newport since it opened in March 2020.
He has been nominated in the Care Home Chef Award category for his high standards and creative approach.
Ben started his catering career working in a restaurant with two AA rosettes. He spent time travelling and working as a chef in Australia and then became Head Chef in a golf club.
Ben said of his current role at The Grange: “Every day is different. We treat all our residents as individuals and that goes for their catering preferences too.
"I’m delighted and honoured to be selected as a finalist for this award. I love my job and I hope that shows in my cooking.”
Anwar Kajee, Head of Hospitality at Country Court, said: “Ben consistently provides our residents with nutritious food presented to an excellent standard, he is keen to take on board resident’s feedback and keep them excited about coming to the dining room every day.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 6 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 7 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
"We aim to provide a five-star hotel standard of catering and Ben goes above and beyond to achieve that.”
The winners will be announced in April.