Care home chef Ben Morris shortlisted for award
- Credit: Country Court Care
A Newport chef has been selected as a finalist in the regional 2020 Great British Care Awards.
Ben Morris has been the Chef Manager at The Grange Care Home in Newport since it opened in March 2020.
He has been nominated in the Care Home Chef Award category for his high standards and creative approach.
Ben started his catering career working in a restaurant with two AA rosettes. He spent time travelling and working as a chef in Australia and then became Head Chef in a golf club.
Ben said of his current role at The Grange: “Every day is different. We treat all our residents as individuals and that goes for their catering preferences too.
You may also want to watch:
"I’m delighted and honoured to be selected as a finalist for this award. I love my job and I hope that shows in my cooking.”
Anwar Kajee, Head of Hospitality at Country Court, said: “Ben consistently provides our residents with nutritious food presented to an excellent standard, he is keen to take on board resident’s feedback and keep them excited about coming to the dining room every day.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 7 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
"We aim to provide a five-star hotel standard of catering and Ben goes above and beyond to achieve that.”
The winners will be announced in April.