Homes plan could join Saffron Walden and Sewards End
- Credit: Lorraine Chitson
Concerns have been raised about a development which could see hundreds of houses joining Saffron Walden with Sewards End and wiping out a "green lung".
Town Councillor Richard Porch said up to 240 homes between Tesco and Sewards End could add to traffic and pollution problems in Walden.
He added: “Between Saffron Walden and Sewards End we have a ‘green lung’ and our concern is that that is going to be wiped out.
“It’s going to add to the pressure on stores, schools and doctors.”
He said Bidwells representatives, on behalf of applicant Rosconn Strategic Land, met with Sewards End Parish Council and Saffron Walden Town Council, who have both expressed concerns about the development.
You may also want to watch:
A formal application is yet to be submitted, but consultations have been underway with Uttlesford District Council.
UDC will provide an answer five weeks from the date of the application, March 31.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
Bidwells and Rosconn Strategic Land have been contacted for comment.