Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- Credit: Supplied by R4U
Uttlesford District Council has called for proposals of sites for future housing, as part of its work on a new Local Plan.
The Local Plan will decide where new houses will be developed over the next decades.
Anyone may submit a location for consideration, as long as they have the owner’s support.
The council will then carry out site assessments and review them alongside other information as it works towards a draft version of the plan, containing site allocations.
Councillor John Evans, Uttlesford District Council’s portfolio holder for planning and the Local Plan, said: “These sites, with potential for housing and employment development, are often submitted by landowners and developers.
You may also want to watch:
“However, for the first time, we encourage people to submit sites for all types of use. This includes land that could have value as green space, including that with potential for carbon capture and wildlife habitats.”
Proposals can be submitted at www.uttlesford.gov.uk/new-local-plan. The deadline for submissions is 5pm on Wednesday, April 21.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 4 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 5 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 8 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 9 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 10 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton