Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- Credit: Supplied by R4U
Uttlesford District Council has called for proposals of sites for future housing, as part of its work on a new Local Plan.
The Local Plan will decide where new houses will be developed over the next decades.
Anyone may submit a location for consideration, as long as they have the owner’s support.
The council will then carry out site assessments and review them alongside other information as it works towards a draft version of the plan, containing site allocations.
Councillor John Evans, Uttlesford District Council’s portfolio holder for planning and the Local Plan, said: “These sites, with potential for housing and employment development, are often submitted by landowners and developers.
You may also want to watch:
“However, for the first time, we encourage people to submit sites for all types of use. This includes land that could have value as green space, including that with potential for carbon capture and wildlife habitats.”
Proposals can be submitted at www.uttlesford.gov.uk/new-local-plan. The deadline for submissions is 5pm on Wednesday, April 21.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 6 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays