Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- Credit: Supplied by R4U
Uttlesford District Council has called for proposals of sites for future housing, as part of its work on a new Local Plan.
The Local Plan will decide where new houses will be developed over the next decades.
Anyone may submit a location for consideration, as long as they have the owner’s support.
The council will then carry out site assessments and review them alongside other information as it works towards a draft version of the plan, containing site allocations.
Councillor John Evans, Uttlesford District Council’s portfolio holder for planning and the Local Plan, said: “These sites, with potential for housing and employment development, are often submitted by landowners and developers.
You may also want to watch:
“However, for the first time, we encourage people to submit sites for all types of use. This includes land that could have value as green space, including that with potential for carbon capture and wildlife habitats.”
Proposals can be submitted at www.uttlesford.gov.uk/new-local-plan. The deadline for submissions is 5pm on Wednesday, April 21.
- 1 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 2 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 3 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 4 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 5 Boy, five, who could wave cancer goodbye this year dances with twin brother
- 6 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
- 7 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 8 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 9 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
- 10 Telephone exchange fetches nearly £100,000 at auction