What house prices in Uttlesford are doing
- Credit: Andra Maciuca
Uttlesford’s property prices have climbed by 7.6 percent over the last year.
But data from the Office for National Statistics also suggests there has been a 0.1 percent decrease since February.
The ONS data also suggests Uttlesford is in the top 13 percent of local authorities for its property prices to earnings ratio.
It ranks 41st out of 335 in England, with an average house price of around £418,226 as per January 2021.
By comparison, Cambridge property prices increased by 1.7 percent year on year, and decreased by 1.6 percent month on month.
You may also want to watch:
The area ranks 45th and has an average house price of approximately £437,052.
South Cambridgeshire had a 4.7 percent increase over the last 12 months, and a 4.2 percent increase over the last month.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Saffron Striders doing their bit for charity as racing returns
- 10 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
It ranks 98th, with an average price of around £401,579.
In England, there has been an overall 7.5 percent increase compared to last year but in the last month, a decrease of 0.6 percent. The average house price nationally is £266,532.