What house prices in Uttlesford are doing
- Credit: Andra Maciuca
Uttlesford’s property prices have climbed by 7.6 percent over the last year.
But data from the Office for National Statistics also suggests there has been a 0.1 percent decrease since February.
The ONS data also suggests Uttlesford is in the top 13 percent of local authorities for its property prices to earnings ratio.
It ranks 41st out of 335 in England, with an average house price of around £418,226 as per January 2021.
By comparison, Cambridge property prices increased by 1.7 percent year on year, and decreased by 1.6 percent month on month.
You may also want to watch:
The area ranks 45th and has an average house price of approximately £437,052.
South Cambridgeshire had a 4.7 percent increase over the last 12 months, and a 4.2 percent increase over the last month.
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
- 10 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall
It ranks 98th, with an average price of around £401,579.
In England, there has been an overall 7.5 percent increase compared to last year but in the last month, a decrease of 0.6 percent. The average house price nationally is £266,532.