How to effectively campaign online
A DEMONSTRATION and training evening in effective online campaigning proved a hit with visitors. mySociety, a charitable project that builds easy to use websites to bring people closer to the democratic system, hosted the event at Saffron Walden Library.
A DEMONSTRATION and training evening in effective online campaigning proved a hit with visitors.
mySociety, a charitable project that builds easy to use websites to bring people closer to the democratic system, hosted the event at Saffron Walden Library.
And a small, but engaged, audience turned out to find out, among other things, how to get help with campaigns, contact councillors and MPs, set up online pledges and submit Freedom of Information requests.
Francis Irvine, one of mySociety's founders, said: "Saffron Walden is lucky to have such a fantastic bunch of local activists. I enjoyed helping them learn how to use mySociety sites so they can do even more for the community in future."
You may also want to watch:
Visitors were given some examples of ways people had used their websites to improve issues, from forming a local group to call for better road safety provisions outside of a school.
After various presentations, the audience, led by mySociety volunteers, was given a chance to test out the various website.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 10 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Anyone who wants to find out more about how mySociety can help them and their cause should go to www.mysociety.org/projects