How to make a perfect pancake on Shrove Tuesday
It is Pancake Day today – so here is our guide to making the perfect tasty treat this Shrove Tuesday. For the pancake mixture:110g/4oz plain flour, siftedpinch of salt2 eggs200ml/7fl oz milk mixed with 75ml/3fl oz water50g/2oz butter
It is Pancake Day today - so here is our guide to making the perfect tasty treat this Shrove Tuesday.
For the pancake mixture:
110g/4oz plain flour, sifted
pinch of salt
You may also want to watch:
200ml/7fl oz milk mixed with 75ml/3fl oz water
- 1 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 2 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 3 District council urged to cancel investment
- 4 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 5 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 6 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 7 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 8 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 9 Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors
- 10 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
Mix the flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
Make a well in the centre of the flour and break the eggs into it.
Add small amounts of milk and water - mixing as you go.
Once you have a smooth batter heat a pan until it is really hot.
Do a 'test' pancake to see how much batter is needed.
As soon as the batter hits the pan spread it out to make perfect pancakes.
After 30 seconds and the pancakes turn gold it is time to flip.
Another few seconds in the pan and it should be ready.
Put on a plate and add toppings (lemon and sugar is great, or for a savoury option maybe cheese and bacon).