Huge success at Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show
MORE entries than ever and hundreds of visitors ensured the annual Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show was a record breaker.
The event, held at the United Reformed Church, saw an array of nearly 700 exhibits, while a growing number of visitors came from further afield such as the Sampfords, Radwinter, Saffron Walden and Braintree.
This year Thaxted Primary School supported the show with hundreds of entries, and the schoolchildren’s work was displayed alongside the exhibits in the adults and teenager classes.
“Every child who entered the show was given a packet of seeds and there will be classes next year so they can display the vegetables and flowers,” said a show spokesman.
“The show buzzed with activity. It was full, indeed thronging on occasion, with visitors all chatting, enjoying the magnificent display and swapping ideas and tips for growing, baking and making. There was a fabulous, convivial atmosphere enjoyed by all.”
You may also want to watch:
Organisers are delighted with the success, with the spokesman adding: “Many thanks are due to everyone who has helped with the fundraising for and staging of this year’s show.”
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 8 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Share your views: Should Freedom Day on June 21 go ahead?