Huge success at Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show
MORE entries than ever and hundreds of visitors ensured the annual Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show was a record breaker.
The event, held at the United Reformed Church, saw an array of nearly 700 exhibits, while a growing number of visitors came from further afield such as the Sampfords, Radwinter, Saffron Walden and Braintree.
This year Thaxted Primary School supported the show with hundreds of entries, and the schoolchildren’s work was displayed alongside the exhibits in the adults and teenager classes.
“Every child who entered the show was given a packet of seeds and there will be classes next year so they can display the vegetables and flowers,” said a show spokesman.
“The show buzzed with activity. It was full, indeed thronging on occasion, with visitors all chatting, enjoying the magnificent display and swapping ideas and tips for growing, baking and making. There was a fabulous, convivial atmosphere enjoyed by all.”
You may also want to watch:
Organisers are delighted with the success, with the spokesman adding: “Many thanks are due to everyone who has helped with the fundraising for and staging of this year’s show.”
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 8 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival