Hundreds descend on Walden Park for spectacular annual Colour Dash
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden was an explosion of colour over the weekend as the 2017 Colour Dash returned to the town.
The event, which raises money for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH), was held at Walden Park on September 10, with huge crowds of people turning out to help fundraise.
Participants took part in a five-kilometre track, with some walking, running, skipping and even dancing their way to the finish line.
Throughout the course, everyone’s pristine white t-shirts were transformed into colourful creations as volunteers threw paint over them.
There was also plenty of entertainment for people to enjoy on the day, as well as food and water stations to keep participants well-fuelled.
You may also want to watch:
Figures are still being counted, but EACH says they hope to have raised £10,000.
This money will go on to help support young people and their families living with life-threatening conditions across the region.
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford