Hundreds of Thaxted homes left without power after pylon cable catches fire
- Credit: Archant
More than 280 properties in Thaxted were left without power last Friday (June 2) after a pylon cable caught fire.
Fire crews were called at 11.53am to Bardfield Road, but on arrival found the fire was already out.
A spokeswoman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said crews made sure the area was safe before leaving at 12.50pm and waiting for UK Power Network to attend.
Engineers then worked to restore power to 287 properties after the electrical fault.
A spokesman said: “The majority of customers had their power restored in stages by 2.30pm, with the final 24 properties back on supply at 6.15pm.
“We understand how difficult it is to be without power and apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
- 1 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 4 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound
- 7 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 8 £13k raised for good causes at Saffron Walden Bonfire Night
- 9 Uttlesford climate change plan goes back to the drawing board
- 10 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday