Hundreds turn out at Saffron Walden’s One Minet Skate Park for Urban Games
- Credit: Archant
CROWDS were wowed at Saffron Walden’s skatepark on Sunday as skaters, scooters, rollerbladers and bikers pulled off an array of tricks in celebration of the 2013 Urban Games.
Hundreds of visitors flocked to One Minet Skate Park as the Saffron Walden Skate Group marked its 10th anniversary.
The Games, run with the help of the Lord Butler Leisure Centre, took place between 1pm and 6pm.
A skate and BMX pop-up shop made an appearance alongside an Essex County Council youth bus. There was also a display featuring 800 balloons, art competitions and refreshments throughout the day.
Skate group secretary, Jane Gray, told the Reporter the day was a “lovely occasion” and “the perfect way to celebrate the 10th anniversary since the skate group was founded”.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “There was a fantastic community spirit and lots of people of all ages came along to join in the fun. There was a lot of excitement generated by the many tricks young people performed on skateboards, BMXs and scooters.
“Not only that but the balloon display in the design of arches and sculptures to honour the anniversary were amazing.”
- 1 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 8 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 George Peasgood doubling up at Paralympics with cycling selection following triathlon call
Ms Gray added: “Also the display of balloons into arches and sculptures for the anniversary were amazing.
“It was a lovely community day and we had some very positive feedback from a number of parents.”