Hundreds turn out at Saffron Walden’s One Minet Skate Park for Urban Games
- Credit: Archant
CROWDS were wowed at Saffron Walden’s skatepark on Sunday as skaters, scooters, rollerbladers and bikers pulled off an array of tricks in celebration of the 2013 Urban Games.
Hundreds of visitors flocked to One Minet Skate Park as the Saffron Walden Skate Group marked its 10th anniversary.
The Games, run with the help of the Lord Butler Leisure Centre, took place between 1pm and 6pm.
A skate and BMX pop-up shop made an appearance alongside an Essex County Council youth bus. There was also a display featuring 800 balloons, art competitions and refreshments throughout the day.
Skate group secretary, Jane Gray, told the Reporter the day was a “lovely occasion” and “the perfect way to celebrate the 10th anniversary since the skate group was founded”.
She said: “There was a fantastic community spirit and lots of people of all ages came along to join in the fun. There was a lot of excitement generated by the many tricks young people performed on skateboards, BMXs and scooters.
“Not only that but the balloon display in the design of arches and sculptures to honour the anniversary were amazing.”
- 1 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 2 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 3 School activities and sports in pictures
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 6 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
Ms Gray added: “Also the display of balloons into arches and sculptures for the anniversary were amazing.
“It was a lovely community day and we had some very positive feedback from a number of parents.”