Imperial War Museum Duxford exhibition heads back the 40s
- Credit: Archant
A NEW exhibition at the Imperial War Museum (IWM) in Duxford will see you heading Back to the Forties.
On Sunday September 29, guests will be able to time-travel back to Britain on the Second World War Home Front.
If visitors come dolled up in 1940’s gear they will also benefit from two-for-one entry – and there will be a best dressed competition with experts looking for authenticity.
On the day people will be able to meet a range of wartime characters including Land Girls, a char lady, a wartime bobby, a member of the Home-Guard and civilians going about their day-to-day life.
But you will have to be careful of charmers trying to get you to buy goods from the black market.
You may also want to watch:
Sing-along to some of the best 1940s songs as entertainers Marina Mae, Nina Rae and Pete Wayre will be there on the day.
Also learn some nifty dance moves from their lindy hop dancers.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 3 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 6 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 7 Saffron Striders take advantage of late summer warmth to stretch their legs far and wide
- 8 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 9 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir
Demonstrations will also take place showing you how to cook up a treat – despite being on rations – as well as master classes in 1940s hair and fashion.
While Living history groups will be on hand bringing to life the British and American forces on the Home Front.
To get hold of your two-to-one voucher, which is only valid on Sunday September 29, visit iwm.org.uk/events/iwm-duxford/back-to-the-forties