Imperial War Museum Duxford exhibition heads back the 40s
- Credit: Archant
A NEW exhibition at the Imperial War Museum (IWM) in Duxford will see you heading Back to the Forties.
On Sunday September 29, guests will be able to time-travel back to Britain on the Second World War Home Front.
If visitors come dolled up in 1940’s gear they will also benefit from two-for-one entry – and there will be a best dressed competition with experts looking for authenticity.
On the day people will be able to meet a range of wartime characters including Land Girls, a char lady, a wartime bobby, a member of the Home-Guard and civilians going about their day-to-day life.
But you will have to be careful of charmers trying to get you to buy goods from the black market.
Sing-along to some of the best 1940s songs as entertainers Marina Mae, Nina Rae and Pete Wayre will be there on the day.
Also learn some nifty dance moves from their lindy hop dancers.
- 1 How Malcolm's work is having an impact in Uttlesford
- 2 Fears that Covid may cause Essex hospital staffing to get ‘very difficult’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Vandals thought to have targeted around 30 vehicles in 'keying' spree
- 5 Teen arrested after alleged disturbance inside Saffron Walden Costcutter
- 6 School pictures: Maths workshops for parents and a museum visit
- 7 Delighted Walden photography winner unveils her new business
- 8 Cliff Parisi on Call the Midwife's 10th Christmas special
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
Demonstrations will also take place showing you how to cook up a treat – despite being on rations – as well as master classes in 1940s hair and fashion.
While Living history groups will be on hand bringing to life the British and American forces on the Home Front.
To get hold of your two-to-one voucher, which is only valid on Sunday September 29, visit iwm.org.uk/events/iwm-duxford/back-to-the-forties