Improve the lives of cancer patients...have a brew
PEOPLE are being asked help improve the lives of cancer patients by putting the kettle on and having a brew. The World s Biggest Coffee Morning, organised by Macmillan Cancer Support, will take place on Friday September 25. Fundraising manager for Essex,
PEOPLE are being asked help improve the lives of cancer patients by putting the kettle on and having a brew.
The World's Biggest Coffee Morning, organised by Macmillan Cancer Support, will take place on Friday September 25.
Fundraising manager for Essex, Lyn Crowe, and fundraiser Sara Coy, popped into the Reporter's office on Saffron Walden High Street and persuaded us to hold coffee morning of our own.
"Last year in Essex we raised more than �290,000 from our coffee mornings, but this year we're hoping to beat that," said Lyn. "If we can get as many Reporter readers as possible to take part then it will really help us to reach our target."
You may also want to watch:
Everyday 780 people in the UK are told they have cancer. Macmillan's ambition is to help every one of these people by providing medical, emotional, and financial support.
The World's Biggest Coffee Morning is the third largest fundraising event in the country after Children in Need and Comic Relief.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
"It's a real morale booster to join in with the event, whether it's at home or at work," said Lyn. "This is our flagship event and it's really important that people support us so we can carry on helping people with cancer and their families."
To join in the coffee morning and help raise money for the charity call 0845 602 1246 or register at www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee