Improve the lives of cancer patients...have a brew
PEOPLE are being asked help improve the lives of cancer patients by putting the kettle on and having a brew. The World s Biggest Coffee Morning, organised by Macmillan Cancer Support, will take place on Friday September 25. Fundraising manager for Essex,
PEOPLE are being asked help improve the lives of cancer patients by putting the kettle on and having a brew.
The World's Biggest Coffee Morning, organised by Macmillan Cancer Support, will take place on Friday September 25.
Fundraising manager for Essex, Lyn Crowe, and fundraiser Sara Coy, popped into the Reporter's office on Saffron Walden High Street and persuaded us to hold coffee morning of our own.
"Last year in Essex we raised more than �290,000 from our coffee mornings, but this year we're hoping to beat that," said Lyn. "If we can get as many Reporter readers as possible to take part then it will really help us to reach our target."
You may also want to watch:
Everyday 780 people in the UK are told they have cancer. Macmillan's ambition is to help every one of these people by providing medical, emotional, and financial support.
The World's Biggest Coffee Morning is the third largest fundraising event in the country after Children in Need and Comic Relief.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 9 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 10 Temporary council chief costing more than £1,000 per day
"It's a real morale booster to join in with the event, whether it's at home or at work," said Lyn. "This is our flagship event and it's really important that people support us so we can carry on helping people with cancer and their families."
To join in the coffee morning and help raise money for the charity call 0845 602 1246 or register at www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee