Inch of snow falls overnight in Uttlesford
- Credit: Archant
UTTLESFORD woke up to a blanket of snow this morning (Monday) after up to an inch fell overnight.
More snow is expected this afternoon and a yellow warning - the second most severe warning - is still in effect and is likely to last until Wednesday night.
Motorists are being advised to clear their vehicles of snow from lights, windows and the roof, as well as to take more caution on the roads. Vehicles on the M11 and motorists are being told to expect delays.
Greater Anglia, the area’s train operator, cancelled earlier trains to London Liverpool Street and commuters are experiencing delays at Cambridge and Stansted Airport stations.
Essex County Council said all of Uttlesford’s schools are open.
You may also want to watch:
• Have you got any snow pics? Send them to email@example.com.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal