Inch of snow falls overnight in Uttlesford
- Credit: Archant
UTTLESFORD woke up to a blanket of snow this morning (Monday) after up to an inch fell overnight.
More snow is expected this afternoon and a yellow warning - the second most severe warning - is still in effect and is likely to last until Wednesday night.
Motorists are being advised to clear their vehicles of snow from lights, windows and the roof, as well as to take more caution on the roads. Vehicles on the M11 and motorists are being told to expect delays.
Greater Anglia, the area’s train operator, cancelled earlier trains to London Liverpool Street and commuters are experiencing delays at Cambridge and Stansted Airport stations.
Essex County Council said all of Uttlesford’s schools are open.
You may also want to watch:
• Have you got any snow pics? Send them to email@example.com.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost