Indian restaurant to re-open following police incident

PUBLISHED: 18:08 25 September 2013 | UPDATED: 18:08 25 September 2013

Police have urged caution after a series of break-ins

Police have urged caution after a series of break-ins

Archant

THE landlord of an Indian restaurant, which was closed last week in the wake of a criminal damage and theft allegation, has said he expects it to reopen “in the next few days”.

Police were called to the Red Onion curry house on Hill Street, Saffron ­Walden, on Wednesday last week ­following reports of criminal damage to a door and cash being stolen.

A notice was put on the door of the restaurant, which opened in June, indicating it had been shut after having its lease revoked by the landlord.

However, landlord Sarfraz Anjum, also a Saffron Walden town councillor, said he expected it to reopen under the same ownership and branding.

Speaking to the Reporter, he said: “We had a few issues and we’re trying to resolve them.

“People had to leave because we they had some difficulties with each other but it [the restaurant] will open again in a few days. It will be the same name, same people.”

A spokesman for Essex police said: “We received a complaint of theft and criminal damage at an address, on Hill Street, on September 18.

“No arrests were made and inquiries are continuing.”

Anyone with any information has been asked to call police on 101.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Saffron Walden Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Saffron Walden Reporter