Information and recruitment meeting ahead of Uttlesford Foodbank launch
Uttlesford Foodbank is holding an information and pre recruitment evening on Monday, March 3.
The purpose is to enable residents to find out more about the upcoming Uttlesford Foodbank, being run in partnership with the Salvation Army, and to register interest as a potential volunteer.
A spokesman for the project said: “The success of this foodbank will be based around volunteers. We need your help provide this service.
“We are also looking for someone to manage this project on a voluntary basis.
“From collection to distribution, fundraising to administration or simply being there to talk to someone who needs a shoulder
You may also want to watch:
to lean on, there is a role for every volunteer.”
On the evening there will be four brief presentations from key stakeholders of the project: What is a Foodbank?; How the Foodbank will benefit individuals in our community; How the Foodbank will benefit our community as a whole; How this project will work in Uttlesford.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
There will be a question and answer session, ending with the opportunity to register your interest to be a volunteer.
The evening starts at 7.30pm and is being held at the Salvation Army Church, Abbey Lane, Saffron Walden.