Information and recruitment meeting ahead of Uttlesford Foodbank launch
Uttlesford Foodbank is holding an information and pre recruitment evening on Monday, March 3.
The purpose is to enable residents to find out more about the upcoming Uttlesford Foodbank, being run in partnership with the Salvation Army, and to register interest as a potential volunteer.
A spokesman for the project said: “The success of this foodbank will be based around volunteers. We need your help provide this service.
“We are also looking for someone to manage this project on a voluntary basis.
“From collection to distribution, fundraising to administration or simply being there to talk to someone who needs a shoulder
You may also want to watch:
to lean on, there is a role for every volunteer.”
On the evening there will be four brief presentations from key stakeholders of the project: What is a Foodbank?; How the Foodbank will benefit individuals in our community; How the Foodbank will benefit our community as a whole; How this project will work in Uttlesford.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
There will be a question and answer session, ending with the opportunity to register your interest to be a volunteer.
The evening starts at 7.30pm and is being held at the Salvation Army Church, Abbey Lane, Saffron Walden.