Information and recruitment meeting ahead of Uttlesford Foodbank launch
Uttlesford Foodbank is holding an information and pre recruitment evening on Monday, March 3.
The purpose is to enable residents to find out more about the upcoming Uttlesford Foodbank, being run in partnership with the Salvation Army, and to register interest as a potential volunteer.
A spokesman for the project said: “The success of this foodbank will be based around volunteers. We need your help provide this service.
“We are also looking for someone to manage this project on a voluntary basis.
“From collection to distribution, fundraising to administration or simply being there to talk to someone who needs a shoulder
You may also want to watch:
to lean on, there is a role for every volunteer.”
On the evening there will be four brief presentations from key stakeholders of the project: What is a Foodbank?; How the Foodbank will benefit individuals in our community; How the Foodbank will benefit our community as a whole; How this project will work in Uttlesford.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
There will be a question and answer session, ending with the opportunity to register your interest to be a volunteer.
The evening starts at 7.30pm and is being held at the Salvation Army Church, Abbey Lane, Saffron Walden.