Intrepid fundraisers donate �16,000 to brain injury charity
EIGHT friends who paddled from Bristol to Bishop’s Stortford for charity completed their remarkable journey last week by handing over a huge sum of money.
The team – Dan Mooney, Adam French, Andy Coleman, Jamie Green, Matt Coleman, Matt Boreham, Matt Whale and Philip Cole – kayaked 230 miles in just four days to raise money for Brainwave, a charity that helps children who have suffered a brain injury, have a genetic condition or developmental delay.
Last week the team handed over a cheque worth more than �16,000 to the charity at The Ford County Ground – the home of Essex cricket.
On Thursday the team tweeted: “We just wanted to say thank you to everyone for this unbelievable support! The amount we raised wouldn’t be possible without you all!”
The team also told its 144 followers to watch out for the next challenge, although it did not specify what or when it will be.
You may also want to watch:
To follow them on Twitter: @B_2_S
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections