Intrepid fundraisers donate �16,000 to brain injury charity
EIGHT friends who paddled from Bristol to Bishop’s Stortford for charity completed their remarkable journey last week by handing over a huge sum of money.
The team – Dan Mooney, Adam French, Andy Coleman, Jamie Green, Matt Coleman, Matt Boreham, Matt Whale and Philip Cole – kayaked 230 miles in just four days to raise money for Brainwave, a charity that helps children who have suffered a brain injury, have a genetic condition or developmental delay.
Last week the team handed over a cheque worth more than �16,000 to the charity at The Ford County Ground – the home of Essex cricket.
On Thursday the team tweeted: “We just wanted to say thank you to everyone for this unbelievable support! The amount we raised wouldn’t be possible without you all!”
The team also told its 144 followers to watch out for the next challenge, although it did not specify what or when it will be.
You may also want to watch:
To follow them on Twitter: @B_2_S
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'