Intrepid fundraisers donate �16,000 to brain injury charity
EIGHT friends who paddled from Bristol to Bishop’s Stortford for charity completed their remarkable journey last week by handing over a huge sum of money.
The team – Dan Mooney, Adam French, Andy Coleman, Jamie Green, Matt Coleman, Matt Boreham, Matt Whale and Philip Cole – kayaked 230 miles in just four days to raise money for Brainwave, a charity that helps children who have suffered a brain injury, have a genetic condition or developmental delay.
Last week the team handed over a cheque worth more than �16,000 to the charity at The Ford County Ground – the home of Essex cricket.
On Thursday the team tweeted: “We just wanted to say thank you to everyone for this unbelievable support! The amount we raised wouldn’t be possible without you all!”
The team also told its 144 followers to watch out for the next challenge, although it did not specify what or when it will be.
You may also want to watch:
To follow them on Twitter: @B_2_S
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 4 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 10 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex