Intrepid fundraisers donate �16,000 to brain injury charity
EIGHT friends who paddled from Bristol to Bishop’s Stortford for charity completed their remarkable journey last week by handing over a huge sum of money.
The team – Dan Mooney, Adam French, Andy Coleman, Jamie Green, Matt Coleman, Matt Boreham, Matt Whale and Philip Cole – kayaked 230 miles in just four days to raise money for Brainwave, a charity that helps children who have suffered a brain injury, have a genetic condition or developmental delay.
Last week the team handed over a cheque worth more than �16,000 to the charity at The Ford County Ground – the home of Essex cricket.
On Thursday the team tweeted: “We just wanted to say thank you to everyone for this unbelievable support! The amount we raised wouldn’t be possible without you all!”
The team also told its 144 followers to watch out for the next challenge, although it did not specify what or when it will be.
You may also want to watch:
To follow them on Twitter: @B_2_S
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100