Investigation launched as a number of animals die in barn blaze in Ashdon
- Credit: Archant
A number of animals being housed in a barn near Saffron Walden died when the building was gutted by fire.
Firefighters from Saffron Walden were sent to the blaze in Bartlow Road, Ashdon, at about 6.20am yesterday (Saturday) – on arrival it was reported that the barn was “well alight and full of smoke”.
Shortly before 7am the fire had been surrounded and surviving livestock had been rescued from the barn, which was sectioned off to accommodate the animals and machinery.
The incident was brought under control at about 7.20am.
A fire service spokesman said: “Although crews were able to rescue livestock from the barn, a number of animals died in the fire.”
You may also want to watch:
An investigation is now due to take place to find out what caused the blaze.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal