iPhone: Essex Cares launches new app
FAMIILIES searching for information about carers can now use the new iPhone application from Essex Cares.
The app is able to pinpoint a user’s current location and let them find services nearby, or alternatively the user can type in a post code or location and search for a specified type of service in that area. The results will not only return the contact details for each site, but also detail the types of support available there including specific activities and any costs associated with them.
The app can be downloaded for free from Apple’s App Store – for more information and a preview of the app you can visit itunes.apple.com/gb/app/essex-cares/id429393836?mt=8
Mark Lloyd, Essex Cares’ Managing Director says: “We are always striving to make our services as accessible as possible to people, ensuring that we provide information to service users and family members in a way that is quick and convenient to them.”
An Essex Cares spokesperson said: “This iPhone development is the first step of a new digital marketing phase for Essex Cares; we hope to develop the app further in the future to enable service users to book places at our centres and appointments for services in their homes as well as a way of sharing the latest news and views.”
You may also want to watch:
You can also follow Essex Cares on Facebook and Twitter, providing up to the minute news and information about services, events and job vacancies.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 6 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand