It's a knockout knockabout ar Chesterford Research Park
KNOCKOUT fun was had at Chesterford Research Park last Thursday as ten teams helped to raise more than �3500 for a hospice. The science park hosted an It s a knockout competition consisting of numerous outdoor wet and fun games and inflatable obstacle c
KNOCKOUT fun was had at Chesterford Research Park last Thursday as ten teams helped to raise more than �3500 for a hospice.
The science park hosted an 'It's a knockout' competition consisting of numerous outdoor wet and fun games and inflatable obstacle challenges.
All the money raised will go towards St Clare Hospice in Hastingwood, Essex, which has been providing care for people with life-limiting illnesses for more than 18 years.
Hospice fundraiser, Clive Gillam, said: "We are delighted that our first year of organising this new corporate event has gone so well.
You may also want to watch:
"To have so many teams from local businesses take part given the present economic conditions was wonderful. We are already looking forward to building on its success for next year."
The Bomb Boys team from the Carver Barracks emerged victorious, beating The Raytheon Roadies from Harlow, The Ridgeons Pigeons from Saffron Walden and the team from St Clare Hospice into equal second place.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 7 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 8 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
The other teams which took part were Carter Jonas and MKA Ecology from Cambridgeshire, Attwaters and Yule Catto from Harlow, the Saffron Building Society and the Chesterford Research Park.
The hospice costs �2.5 million a year to run - St Clare receives 30 per cent funding from the NHS but relies on events such as this to raise the remaining 70 per cent of its running costs each year.