It’s the great compost giveaway... Grab a bag full for free!
FREE compost will be dished out to residents at a series of ‘grab a grow bag’ events next month.
Along with a number of other local authorities in the region, Uttlesford District Council sends food waste collected from residents to Cambridgeshire-based waste management company Envar.
Envar turns the food waste into Enrich compost which it sells to farmers for agriculture and supplies to local garden centres for household use.
This soil improver is ideal for use in gardens and can also be used as mulch - and the council is happy to pass it on free of charge.
Green-fingered residents can get their hands on the compost at the following locations and times:
You may also want to watch:
• Saturday May 11 – Chequers Lane Car Park, Great Dunmow, and Lower Street Car Park, Stansted Mountfitchet
• Sunday May 12 – Margaret Street Car Park, Thaxted, and Swan Meadow Car Park, Saffron Walden and
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 4 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
• Saturday May 18 – Station Car Park, Newport
Compost will be available from 9am each day until supplies run out, but no later than 3pm.
The giveaway will operate on a ‘first come, first served’ basis and residents will need to bring their own bags to take the compost away.
Compost will NOT be loaded into vehicles or trailers of any kind and residents are advised to arrive early to avoid disappointment as it has been in very high demand in previous years.