James Bond’s Aston Martin goes for �400 in charity fundraiser
A FUNDRAISING dinner has raised over �13,500 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Organised by Annie Roberts, a Little Chesterford resident and head of the charity’s fundraising Committee, the evening attracted 123 guests.
The evening began with a champagne reception followed by dinner and a charity auction.
After dinner, guests were encouraged onto the dance floor with live music from Van Gogh’s Ear and the festivities continued well into the early hours with the auction and a 100 prize raffle.
The auction included a number of lots, all of which were donated by local businesses and supporters of the charity. A popular lot was a day’s ‘ownership’ of the Aston Martin car used in the James Bond blockbuster Casino Royale, which raised �400.
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will go to Macmillan Cancer Support, which is the largest cancer care and support charity in the UK providing practical, medical and financial support and action for better cancer care.
- 1 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 2 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 3 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 4 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 5 District council urged to cancel investment
- 6 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 7 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 8 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 9 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
- 10 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden