James Bond’s Aston Martin goes for �400 in charity fundraiser
A FUNDRAISING dinner has raised over �13,500 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Organised by Annie Roberts, a Little Chesterford resident and head of the charity’s fundraising Committee, the evening attracted 123 guests.
The evening began with a champagne reception followed by dinner and a charity auction.
After dinner, guests were encouraged onto the dance floor with live music from Van Gogh’s Ear and the festivities continued well into the early hours with the auction and a 100 prize raffle.
The auction included a number of lots, all of which were donated by local businesses and supporters of the charity. A popular lot was a day’s ‘ownership’ of the Aston Martin car used in the James Bond blockbuster Casino Royale, which raised �400.
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will go to Macmillan Cancer Support, which is the largest cancer care and support charity in the UK providing practical, medical and financial support and action for better cancer care.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 6 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 9 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 10 Dramatic pictures show extent of three north-west Essex farm fires