James Bond’s Aston Martin goes for �400 in charity fundraiser
A FUNDRAISING dinner has raised over �13,500 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Organised by Annie Roberts, a Little Chesterford resident and head of the charity’s fundraising Committee, the evening attracted 123 guests.
The evening began with a champagne reception followed by dinner and a charity auction.
After dinner, guests were encouraged onto the dance floor with live music from Van Gogh’s Ear and the festivities continued well into the early hours with the auction and a 100 prize raffle.
The auction included a number of lots, all of which were donated by local businesses and supporters of the charity. A popular lot was a day’s ‘ownership’ of the Aston Martin car used in the James Bond blockbuster Casino Royale, which raised �400.
The money raised will go to Macmillan Cancer Support, which is the largest cancer care and support charity in the UK providing practical, medical and financial support and action for better cancer care.
- 1 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 2 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 3 Fire and ambulance crews rescue after serious M11 crash
- 4 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
- 5 Walden author unveils third book, with a touching dedication
- 6 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 7 Penalty heartbreak for Saffron Walden as FA Vase dreams come to an end
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 10 Cambridge panto audiences raise £14k for charitable causes