James Bond’s Aston Martin goes for �400 in charity fundraiser
A FUNDRAISING dinner has raised over �13,500 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Organised by Annie Roberts, a Little Chesterford resident and head of the charity’s fundraising Committee, the evening attracted 123 guests.
The evening began with a champagne reception followed by dinner and a charity auction.
After dinner, guests were encouraged onto the dance floor with live music from Van Gogh’s Ear and the festivities continued well into the early hours with the auction and a 100 prize raffle.
The auction included a number of lots, all of which were donated by local businesses and supporters of the charity. A popular lot was a day’s ‘ownership’ of the Aston Martin car used in the James Bond blockbuster Casino Royale, which raised �400.
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will go to Macmillan Cancer Support, which is the largest cancer care and support charity in the UK providing practical, medical and financial support and action for better cancer care.
- 1 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 2 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 3 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 4 Walden Wombles hold their first litter pick
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 New outreach Post Office for community
- 7 New interim chief executive for district council
- 8 Mental health trust fined following 11 deaths
- 9 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 10 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier