Jamie Oliver mugs on sale at new Saffron Walden gift shop
JAMIE Oliver mugs are one of many unique items offered by a newly-opened gift and card shop in Saffron Walden. Eugene Murray opened All Wrapped Up in Cross Street earlier this month. He is hoping that by offering specialist items he will have the edge ove
JAMIE Oliver mugs are one of many unique items offered by a newly-opened gift and card shop in Saffron Walden.
Eugene Murray opened All Wrapped Up in Cross Street earlier this month.
He is hoping that by offering specialist items he will have the edge over his competitors in the town.
Mr Murray said: "We aim to fill a niche with a range of unique products which are unavailable elsewhere in Saffron Walden. We're trying to use new suppliers previously unavailable in the town and stock a range of handmade goods.
You may also want to watch:
"That includes things like hand painted glasses, a selection of soft doorstops and handmade jigsaws. The Jamie Oliver mugs are one of my favourite things in the shop and I believe they will sell."
Mr Murray, supported by his family, previously owned a shop in Soham, Cambridge, which sold similar goods and the move to Saffron Walden was motivated by the need for larger premises.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
But Mr Murray is undeterred by the two shops which previously occupied his choice of location and recently closed.
"I'm aware that there were two card shops here previously - but Card Fair was a national brand that went into liquidation and the shop that followed was always on a short term lease," he said. "We're certainly here to stay."
All Wrapped Up will be mainly staffed by Mr Murray's son, Christopher, who is always happy to help customers.