Jamie Oliver mugs on sale at new Saffron Walden gift shop
JAMIE Oliver mugs are one of many unique items offered by a newly-opened gift and card shop in Saffron Walden. Eugene Murray opened All Wrapped Up in Cross Street earlier this month. He is hoping that by offering specialist items he will have the edge ove
JAMIE Oliver mugs are one of many unique items offered by a newly-opened gift and card shop in Saffron Walden.
Eugene Murray opened All Wrapped Up in Cross Street earlier this month.
He is hoping that by offering specialist items he will have the edge over his competitors in the town.
Mr Murray said: "We aim to fill a niche with a range of unique products which are unavailable elsewhere in Saffron Walden. We're trying to use new suppliers previously unavailable in the town and stock a range of handmade goods.
You may also want to watch:
"That includes things like hand painted glasses, a selection of soft doorstops and handmade jigsaws. The Jamie Oliver mugs are one of my favourite things in the shop and I believe they will sell."
Mr Murray, supported by his family, previously owned a shop in Soham, Cambridge, which sold similar goods and the move to Saffron Walden was motivated by the need for larger premises.
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
- 10 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall
But Mr Murray is undeterred by the two shops which previously occupied his choice of location and recently closed.
"I'm aware that there were two card shops here previously - but Card Fair was a national brand that went into liquidation and the shop that followed was always on a short term lease," he said. "We're certainly here to stay."
All Wrapped Up will be mainly staffed by Mr Murray's son, Christopher, who is always happy to help customers.