Job seekers get back on track
- Credit: Archant
ABELLIO train operator Greater Anglia has launched ‘Job Track’ - a free rail ticket scheme for job seekers in the region.
The scheme will help the unemployed by offering free train tickets to travel to job interviews and when successful in gaining employment, further help is available with a free season ticket for their first two months in work.
The ‘Job Track’ scheme is aimed at helping the unemployed find work and to broaden the horizons of job seekers to consider employment opportunities outside of their immediate area, within reasonable commuting distances.
Greater Anglia will offer those joining the scheme a maximum of six day return tickets to attend job interviews at locations within the train operator’s network, and on securing work eligible applicants can apply for an initial two-month season ticket free-of-charge.
This will provide those successful in securing employment with a month to establish themselves in their new job, followed by a second month of free travel to assist them in putting their finances on a firm footing.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme is being promoted and publicised at Job Centres and applicants meeting the required criteria to qualify for the scheme, will be able to apply for tickets through the Greater Anglia website at: greateranglia.co.uk/jobtrack
Ruud Haket, managing director, Greater Anglia said: “We’re very keen to play a positive role in the communities we serve across London and the East of England. This scheme will assist those looking for work and when finding employment, offers a great help to people at a time when money is tight.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
“We hope it will prove attractive to job seekers across our region in their efforts to get back to work.”