Job seekers get back on track
- Credit: Archant
ABELLIO train operator Greater Anglia has launched ‘Job Track’ - a free rail ticket scheme for job seekers in the region.
The scheme will help the unemployed by offering free train tickets to travel to job interviews and when successful in gaining employment, further help is available with a free season ticket for their first two months in work.
The ‘Job Track’ scheme is aimed at helping the unemployed find work and to broaden the horizons of job seekers to consider employment opportunities outside of their immediate area, within reasonable commuting distances.
Greater Anglia will offer those joining the scheme a maximum of six day return tickets to attend job interviews at locations within the train operator’s network, and on securing work eligible applicants can apply for an initial two-month season ticket free-of-charge.
This will provide those successful in securing employment with a month to establish themselves in their new job, followed by a second month of free travel to assist them in putting their finances on a firm footing.
The scheme is being promoted and publicised at Job Centres and applicants meeting the required criteria to qualify for the scheme, will be able to apply for tickets through the Greater Anglia website at: greateranglia.co.uk/jobtrack
Ruud Haket, managing director, Greater Anglia said: “We’re very keen to play a positive role in the communities we serve across London and the East of England. This scheme will assist those looking for work and when finding employment, offers a great help to people at a time when money is tight.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 6 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 7 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
“We hope it will prove attractive to job seekers across our region in their efforts to get back to work.”