Jobcentre Plus outreach service opens in Uttlesford
JOBSEEKERS have received a welcome boost thanks to a new outreach service which starts today (October 19). Jobcentre Plus will be opening services at the Uttlesford District Council offices on London Road, Saffron Walden, and at Thaxted s Community Inform
JOBSEEKERS have received a welcome boost thanks to a new outreach service which starts today (October 19).
Jobcentre Plus will be opening services at the Uttlesford District Council offices on London Road, Saffron Walden, and at Thaxted's Community Information Centre on Town Street.
The outreach service will operate in Saffron Walden on Tuesdays and in Thaxted on Monday and Wednesday morning.
Appointments at the outreaches will be offered to Uttlesford residents who initally sign-on for Job Seekers Allowance in Braintree's Jobcentre Plus.
You may also want to watch:
People in Uttlesford can sign-on in Cambridge and Haverhill instead of Braintree, but in this situation they will not be offered the use of the outreach services.
Manager of Uttlesford Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), Kate Robson, said: "We are delighted that Jobcentre Plus has acknowledged the transport difficulties many of Uttlesford's residents have in getting to Braintree.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
"We are aware that these outreaches are a pilot and we are therefore very keen that they are successfully introduced. If anyone has any comments about Jobcentre Plus or needs advice about benefits or debt, please contact your local CAB for help."
The outreach services will initally be offered to Job Seeker clients and lone parents who are required to attend mandatory interviews. It is hoped however that the locations will also be used to help clients who need to attend interviews for incapability benefit and employment support allowance going forward.
Contact Jobcentre Plus on 0800 055 6688 or go to www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk to apply for Job Seekers Allowance.
To book an appointment with an Uttlesford CAB advisor at one of their offices in Saffron Walden, Great Dunmow or Thaxted, call 0844 477 5986. For more information visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk
Advice and information can also be found at www.adviceguide.org.uk