Jobs fair to be held at Stansted Airport
- Credit: Archant
A JOB fair will be held at Stansted Airport next Thursday (May 30).
It is being hosted by the Stansted Employment and Skills Academy at the airport’s Enterprise House from 10am-3pm.
The fair is open to everyone and will offer information on the types of vacancies at the airport – with over 150 full-time and part-time positions up for grabs.
Companies attending include Swissport, McDonalds, Dixons, Starbucks, JD Wetherspoon and Pontis.
Anita Garrard, manager of the Stansted Employment and Skills Academy, said: “Stansted Airport is the biggest single site employer in the East of England, with over 10,000 people working for 200 on-airport companies.
You may also want to watch:
“The fair will enable job seekers to meet with potential employers face to face, obtain careers advice and receive guidance about the application process for jobs at the airport.
“The airport is a wonderful place to work and has many opportunities for people looking for a rewarding career.”
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
Airport staff receive benefits such as public transport discounts on rail, bus and coach fares with the Airport Travel Card, while the Uttlesford hub also operates a staff car share scheme.
In 2013, Stansted Airport donated £30,000 to the Stansted Employment and Skills Academy. The funding helps to build on the existing work of the academy and to develop a wider range of services and outreach activities.
It is part of a long term commitment by the airport to support local employment and training opportunities. The academy hosted three job fairs in 2012, helping to fill 485 vacancies across the airport.
For more information about the job fair call 01279 661007, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit stanstedairportacademy.com.