Join the bargain hunt in Great Bardfield
THE annual village garage sale is once again being held in Great Bardfield to raise money for the village’s After School Club.
Over 50 houses took part in the sale last year raising over £600 for the club.
Organiser Sarah Holland said: “Great Bardfield has a carnival atmosphere on the day of the garage sale. The village is bustling with people either out looking for a hidden gem or just enjoying a stroll around our pretty village.”
Sellers open their garages, front drives and sometimes even gardens to offer a wide variety of items. Antiques, china, plants, designer clothes, jewellery, toys and even kitchen sinks have all been up for grabs in previous sales.
The event, sponsored by The Bell public house, starts at 12noon on Saturday May 11. A map showing all participating houses is available from the green outside the Great Bardfield Primary School. Or you can take a more relaxed approach to hunting out the bargains by looking out for the red balloons which advertise each participating house. Parking, refreshments and toilets are available.
You may also want to watch:
Great Bardfield After School Club is a registered charity which provides out-of-school care and recreation for children aged four to 12 years who are in full-time education. It is a member of the Kids’ Club Network and was judged as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted when last inspected in July 2010.
To find out more, visit greatbardfieldgaragesale.btck.co.uk
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Medical practice moving this week, and former £1.4m base attracts offer
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out