Join the bargain hunt in Great Bardfield
THE annual village garage sale is once again being held in Great Bardfield to raise money for the village’s After School Club.
Over 50 houses took part in the sale last year raising over £600 for the club.
Organiser Sarah Holland said: “Great Bardfield has a carnival atmosphere on the day of the garage sale. The village is bustling with people either out looking for a hidden gem or just enjoying a stroll around our pretty village.”
Sellers open their garages, front drives and sometimes even gardens to offer a wide variety of items. Antiques, china, plants, designer clothes, jewellery, toys and even kitchen sinks have all been up for grabs in previous sales.
The event, sponsored by The Bell public house, starts at 12noon on Saturday May 11. A map showing all participating houses is available from the green outside the Great Bardfield Primary School. Or you can take a more relaxed approach to hunting out the bargains by looking out for the red balloons which advertise each participating house. Parking, refreshments and toilets are available.
Great Bardfield After School Club is a registered charity which provides out-of-school care and recreation for children aged four to 12 years who are in full-time education. It is a member of the Kids’ Club Network and was judged as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted when last inspected in July 2010.
To find out more, visit greatbardfieldgaragesale.btck.co.uk
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 4 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 5 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 6 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 7 Q&A: Alan Hawkes of Rotary in Saffron Walden
- 8 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 9 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 10 Astronomy: What to look for in the Essex sky in December