Join the bunny hunt in Saffron Walden!
- Credit: Archant
THREE independent businesses are coming together to launch The Great Saffron Walden White Rabbit Hunt.
Design Essentials, Waterbaby Flowers and Chateau Macaron are hosting the event to celebrate their Easter pop up shop happening this Sunday (March 24) at Goddards Interiors within Waitrose car park from 11am to 5pm.
‘Pop up shops’ is an initiative aimed at helping start-up and small businesses.
It is a short-term agreement between landlords and small businesses to fill vacant premises on a temporary basis.
Wendy Howell, of Design Essentials, said: “These pop up shops are providing opportunities for start-up business.
You may also want to watch:
“I have over the last few months been exploring opportunities of using empty shops to promote my mainly online business, and have collaborated successfully with one in London.
“I have struggled in Saffron Walden as little seems to be known about it.
- 1 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive
- 2 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 3 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 4 Tools collection is a huge success
- 5 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 8 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
“But I think the town would benefit with a more pro-active approach to the empty shops and I would expect many retailers would support the re-use of redundant space in the town.”
The Great Saffron Walden White Rabbit Hunt is open from now and continues until Easter Sunday. An announcement will be made on Tuesday April 16.
Simply count the white rabbits hiding amongst the flowers around some of the town’s most popular shops, then e-mail your total to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit designessentials.org.uk for further information.
A winner will be drawn from all the correct answers and will receive three special prizes to donate to the school or pre-school of their choice.
The winning prize is worth over £200, while there is also a Design Essentials Colour Therapy Light worth £85, a £30 flower arrangement from Waterbaby Flowers, £30 of macarons – a sweet meringue-based confectionery – from Chateau Macaron and a £25 voucher for printing services for the selected school from printing.com.
The overall winner will also receive a prize of two tickets to the Design Show to be held at Myddylton Place on May 18 worth £30.