Join the egg hunt at Audley End House and Gardens this Easter
JOIN in the egg hunt and traditional games at Audley End House and Gardens this Easter from Friday April 2 to Monday April 5. The whole family can enjoy traditional Easter activities and try their hand at games such as quoits or croquet. And children of a
JOIN in the egg hunt and traditional games at Audley End House and Gardens this Easter from Friday April 2 to Monday April 5.
The whole family can enjoy traditional Easter activities and try their hand at games such as quoits or croquet. And children of all ages will love their chocolate treat when they finish the family fun trail.
After a winter break, large country house is open from Thursday April 1 and be sure not to miss the servants hard at work in the Service Wing.
Audley End House has recently been transformed into one of the most fascinating visitor attractions in Essex. Here you can discover what life was like for those who lived upstairs and those who toiled downstairs in one of England's grandest country houses.
You may also want to watch:
Above stairs there are finely furnished rooms, complete with masterpieces by Holbein and Canaletto. While below stairs, in the newly restored Service Wing, there's a fascinating re-creation of life as a servant in 1880.
With beautiful grounds to explore and an organic kitchen garden, this is a great family day out within easy reach of the M11 and Cambridge.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
The Easter family fun trail runs from 10am to 4pm and costs �11.90 for adults, �10.10 for concessions, �6 for children and �29.80 for a family.