Join the egg hunt at Audley End House and Gardens this Easter
JOIN in the egg hunt and traditional games at Audley End House and Gardens this Easter from Friday April 2 to Monday April 5. The whole family can enjoy traditional Easter activities and try their hand at games such as quoits or croquet. And children of a
JOIN in the egg hunt and traditional games at Audley End House and Gardens this Easter from Friday April 2 to Monday April 5.
The whole family can enjoy traditional Easter activities and try their hand at games such as quoits or croquet. And children of all ages will love their chocolate treat when they finish the family fun trail.
After a winter break, large country house is open from Thursday April 1 and be sure not to miss the servants hard at work in the Service Wing.
Audley End House has recently been transformed into one of the most fascinating visitor attractions in Essex. Here you can discover what life was like for those who lived upstairs and those who toiled downstairs in one of England's grandest country houses.
You may also want to watch:
Above stairs there are finely furnished rooms, complete with masterpieces by Holbein and Canaletto. While below stairs, in the newly restored Service Wing, there's a fascinating re-creation of life as a servant in 1880.
With beautiful grounds to explore and an organic kitchen garden, this is a great family day out within easy reach of the M11 and Cambridge.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
The Easter family fun trail runs from 10am to 4pm and costs �11.90 for adults, �10.10 for concessions, �6 for children and �29.80 for a family.