Jubblies hand out funds
AFTER a successful Summer Fayre in 2008 and subsequent fund raising events, the Wimbish village committee - known as Wimbish Jubblie - have been able to donate funds to various local organisations and projects. Wimbish Primary School has received funds to
AFTER a successful Summer Fayre in 2008 and subsequent fund raising events, the Wimbish village committee - known as Wimbish Jubblie - have been able to donate funds to various local organisations and projects.
Wimbish Primary School has received funds towards an ecological project, The Good Companions for a coach trip, and Wimbish Church of All Saints for the upkeep of the churchyard.
The Jubblie has also been able to donate funds towards the running of the Buffy Bus, which visits the village on a weekly basis, and provide a new set of folding tables for the Wimbish Village Hall, which is used by various groups in the area.
The committee's most recent donation was to The Busy Bees Child Care Centre in Wimbish, money which will go towards buying new play equipment
You may also want to watch:
Jubblies vice chairman, Helen Carter, said: "It's great to bring Wimbish together as a community and we look forward to future fundraising events this year.
"We have just held a very successful barn dance in the village hall and will be holding a dog show on May 17, details to be announced nearer the time.
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 7 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
- 10 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall