Jump start 2012: New Adult Community Learning course directories published
ESSEX County Council’s Adult Community Learning has announced the publication of its course directories for spring 2012.
To celebrate the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, a wide range of new courses themed around these two major events have been added to the programme.
Olympic-themed courses include A History of the Olympics, Introduction to Sports Massage, Painting Sporting Events and Olympic Themed Action Photography.
Learners can celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee with courses including Street Party Food, 1950’s Hair and Make up, Royal Portraits, Patchwork Jubilee Flag and much more.
In addition learners can choose from hundreds of courses on subjects including hair and beauty, arts and crafts, maths, English, cookery, fitness, IT, accountancy, business studies and languages to name but a few.
You may also want to watch:
County councillor Jeremy Lucas, cabinet member for Environment and Culture, said: “Despite the difficult economic climate, Adult Community Learning Essex continues to offer an unrivalled choice of high quality courses at competitive prices.
“Whether you are interested in improving your job prospects, learning a new skill or taking up a hobby, I’d urge you to take a look at the latest course directories.”
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
The spring 2012 course directories are available to download from essex.gov.uk/adultlearning
Further information can be obtained from any of the local adult community learning centres or by calling 0845 603 7635.