Jump start 2012: New Adult Community Learning course directories published
ESSEX County Council’s Adult Community Learning has announced the publication of its course directories for spring 2012.
To celebrate the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, a wide range of new courses themed around these two major events have been added to the programme.
Olympic-themed courses include A History of the Olympics, Introduction to Sports Massage, Painting Sporting Events and Olympic Themed Action Photography.
Learners can celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee with courses including Street Party Food, 1950’s Hair and Make up, Royal Portraits, Patchwork Jubilee Flag and much more.
In addition learners can choose from hundreds of courses on subjects including hair and beauty, arts and crafts, maths, English, cookery, fitness, IT, accountancy, business studies and languages to name but a few.
You may also want to watch:
County councillor Jeremy Lucas, cabinet member for Environment and Culture, said: “Despite the difficult economic climate, Adult Community Learning Essex continues to offer an unrivalled choice of high quality courses at competitive prices.
“Whether you are interested in improving your job prospects, learning a new skill or taking up a hobby, I’d urge you to take a look at the latest course directories.”
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
The spring 2012 course directories are available to download from essex.gov.uk/adultlearning
Further information can be obtained from any of the local adult community learning centres or by calling 0845 603 7635.