Support for Walden businesses and individuals as lockdown eases
Kemi Badenoch, Saffron Walden constituency MP
- Credit: Kemi Badenoch
I am so pleased to see the retail and hospitality sector coming back to life following the re-opening of some of our local high street shops, cafes, restaurants, beauty salons and leisure facilities in Saffron Walden last month.
With the BID’s fantastic effort organising the ‘Big Clean Up’, their support for businesses as restrictions are lifting, as well as the additional £80,000 Uttlesford District Council has received as part of the Government’s Welcome Back Fund, businesses have the backing they need to build back safely and successfully.
Over the last year, the Government has provided unprecedented support for those who have been impacted by the pandemic.
Across the constituency this has included £50 million in Business Support Grants, over 3,600 benefitting from Self-Employed Income Support Scheme, over 5,000 residents supported by the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, over £3 million in Saffron Walden from the Local Restrictions Support grant amongst a number of other allocations of funding.
Four organisations in our constituency have also been allocated a grant recently from the Culture Recovery fund including independent cinema Saffron Screen and The Fairycroft House.
You may also want to watch:
I will continue to ensure our businesses, arts centres and heritage sites get the support they need to thrive as the economy re-opens.
As our vaccination programmes continues at pace, I have been in regular correspondence with healthcare leaders so I am updated on the progress and can share their feedback and experiences with ministerial colleagues.
- 1 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 4 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 5 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 6 New outreach Post Office for community
- 7 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 8 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 9 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 10 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
I am so grateful to everyone across the constituency involved in the efforts to get us all vaccinated.
The continued praise they are receiving from residents, the Health Minister and our regional NHS leaders is a testament to their hard work.
This week I will be sending out my monthly e-newsletter. If you would like to sign up please visit my website at www.kemibadenoch.org.uk