Knife wielding thugs foiled after trying to steal puppy in Stansted
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses following an attempt by three men to steal a puppy from its owner at knife point.
The nine-week-old Staffordshire bull terrier was with his 23-year-old male owner at the play area the children’s play area in Manor Road, Stansted Mountfitchet, when he was threatened by three men wielding a knife.
The incident took place at around 9.30am on Wednesday March 6 and the victim managed to grab his dog and run away and the puppy was not harmed.
The first male is described as being aged between 19 and 15-years-old, white, of slim build and approximately 5ft 2ins to 5ft 5ins tall.
He was wearing a hat, black trousers and a black jacket with a hood, white trainers and was also wearing gloves.
You may also want to watch:
The second man was of Indian appearance, aged between 19 and 25-years-old, of slim build and approximately 5ft 2ins to 5ft 5ins tall.
He was also wearing a hat, brown trousers and a green hoodie.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Contents from manor house go under the hammer
The third man is aged between 30 and 35-years-old and is described as being taller than the others.
He is described as having a long white beard, possibly long white hair and was of very slim build. He was wearing torn clothing.
If you can help identify them or know anything please contact me at Braintree CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.