Knife wielding thugs foiled after trying to steal puppy in Stansted
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses following an attempt by three men to steal a puppy from its owner at knife point.
The nine-week-old Staffordshire bull terrier was with his 23-year-old male owner at the play area the children’s play area in Manor Road, Stansted Mountfitchet, when he was threatened by three men wielding a knife.
The incident took place at around 9.30am on Wednesday March 6 and the victim managed to grab his dog and run away and the puppy was not harmed.
The first male is described as being aged between 19 and 15-years-old, white, of slim build and approximately 5ft 2ins to 5ft 5ins tall.
He was wearing a hat, black trousers and a black jacket with a hood, white trainers and was also wearing gloves.
You may also want to watch:
The second man was of Indian appearance, aged between 19 and 25-years-old, of slim build and approximately 5ft 2ins to 5ft 5ins tall.
He was also wearing a hat, brown trousers and a green hoodie.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 5 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 6 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 9 Temporary council chief costing more than £1,000 per day
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
The third man is aged between 30 and 35-years-old and is described as being taller than the others.
He is described as having a long white beard, possibly long white hair and was of very slim build. He was wearing torn clothing.
If you can help identify them or know anything please contact me at Braintree CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.