Knitters get busy to create Homestart banner for Saffron Walden Carnival 2014 procession
- Credit: Archant
Keen knitters from Saffron Walden had such a great time making a new banner for a family charity, they were in stitches!
The group designed and created the eye-catching display for Homestart’s 30th anniversary.
The colourful banner, which took about a month to make, will be going on its first outing at the Saffron Walden Carnival procession today (Saturday, July 5).
Group member Helen Wood said: “It was great fun and we all had such a good time. It is great to be able to support a local charity for families and children which we believe in.”
Homestart senior co-ordinator Linda Robinson was delighted with the final product.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It looks amazing. I am so pleased and thankful for what they have done.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 10 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet