Knitters get busy to create Homestart banner for Saffron Walden Carnival 2014 procession
- Credit: Archant
Keen knitters from Saffron Walden had such a great time making a new banner for a family charity, they were in stitches!
The group designed and created the eye-catching display for Homestart’s 30th anniversary.
The colourful banner, which took about a month to make, will be going on its first outing at the Saffron Walden Carnival procession today (Saturday, July 5).
Group member Helen Wood said: “It was great fun and we all had such a good time. It is great to be able to support a local charity for families and children which we believe in.”
Homestart senior co-ordinator Linda Robinson was delighted with the final product.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It looks amazing. I am so pleased and thankful for what they have done.”
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Medical practice moving this week, and former £1.4m base attracts offer
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out