La Traviata set for the stage at Hatfield House
VERDI S great tragic opera, La Traviata, is being performed in Hatfield House s magnificent Marble Hall. By kind permission of the Marquess of Salisbury, the hall will be transformed for one night only into a magical
VERDI'S great tragic opera, La Traviata, is being performed in Hatfield House's magnificent Marble Hall at 7.30pm on Sunday (March 28).
By kind permission of the Marquess of Salisbury, the hall will be transformed for one night only into a magical setting for Candlelight Opera's very special production.
Based on an emotional story by Alexandre Dumas, La Traviata tells the story a young and na�ve nobleman, Alfredo, who falls deeply in love with the beautiful courtesan, Violetta Valery.
Their courtship turns into one of the most passionate love stories of all time, but is doomed from the start as the consequences of Violetta's past life eventually destroy the only real love she will ever know.
You may also want to watch:
Performed by the Candlelight Orchestra, the glorious score features some of the best loved music in all opera including the famous 'Brindisi', or Drinking Song.
Ticket prices are inclusive of a private-access tour of the state apartments before the show.
- 1 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 2 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 3 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 4 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 5 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 6 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 7 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 8 Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe for roasted chicken supreme
- 9 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 10 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
For ticket bookings and further details please call the box office on 0844 561 1921. For more information visit candlelightopera.co.uk