La Traviata set for the stage at Hatfield House
VERDI S great tragic opera, La Traviata, is being performed in Hatfield House s magnificent Marble Hall. By kind permission of the Marquess of Salisbury, the hall will be transformed for one night only into a magical
VERDI'S great tragic opera, La Traviata, is being performed in Hatfield House's magnificent Marble Hall at 7.30pm on Sunday (March 28).
By kind permission of the Marquess of Salisbury, the hall will be transformed for one night only into a magical setting for Candlelight Opera's very special production.
Based on an emotional story by Alexandre Dumas, La Traviata tells the story a young and na�ve nobleman, Alfredo, who falls deeply in love with the beautiful courtesan, Violetta Valery.
Their courtship turns into one of the most passionate love stories of all time, but is doomed from the start as the consequences of Violetta's past life eventually destroy the only real love she will ever know.
You may also want to watch:
Performed by the Candlelight Orchestra, the glorious score features some of the best loved music in all opera including the famous 'Brindisi', or Drinking Song.
Ticket prices are inclusive of a private-access tour of the state apartments before the show.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 3 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 7 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 8 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
For ticket bookings and further details please call the box office on 0844 561 1921. For more information visit candlelightopera.co.uk